Headache. Taken neurofen, aspirin. What is going on? Try craniosacral therapy?

Hi, I am asking a question for my partner. He is 27 years old and from Ireland. He has suffered from severe pain in his head since childhood (not exactly headaches ), and we are becoming very concerned about them. The pain can last for days at a time, and the pain level is unbearable for him. Paracetamol , neurofen , asprin, diclofenac , etc - none of these medications reduce his pain. Here is a list of descriptors of his pain: -pain around the top of the head - he describes it as cracking , accompanied by pins and needles in the area. -pain radiates down the back of his neck near spinal cord , does not come around to the front of the neck. -pain can travel past the ears onto the front of the face, and he gets pins and needles/some numbness in his face. He has had an MRI & CT scan (not for these symptoms, however they showed no tumors or abnormalities), he s tried chiropractic treatment for 4 months to no avail, seen an applied kinesiologist who suspects he s pre-diabetic with sugar on the brain from a life-long poor diet with a high sugar content - he s cut a lot of sugar from his diet; now he s trying craniosacral therapy , though he s been for two treatments over two days and a headache that began before his first treatment has not been relieved to any degree, and is in fact getting worse. The pain is so severe that he just cannot take it anymore. Remembering that he has had this kind of pain since childhood, as far back as he can remember, what do you think could be the problem? I thought perhaps a trapped nerve or something, but his headaches come and go. Please try and give us some answers. I feel so awful that he is suffering and I cannot help him to relieve the pain. Thanks, Lisa.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012