Head submerged under water, pressure in the ear. No relief with ear drops, lying on left side. Muffled sound. Suggestions?

Hello! I have a concern with an ear problem that I have. Two nights ago, on Thursday night, I had taken a bath in which my head was submerged under water for around 30 seconds. I felt water go into my left ear and I got up in less that 5 seconds to get it out...or so I thought. I had titled my head to the left side and I felt the water drain. I continued with my bath-I did not put my head back under water-and got out about 40 minutes later. While in the process of getting ready to go to sleep, I felt some pressure deep within my ear. I used to be a swimmer so I tried old ways to get water out of my ear and nothing seemed to work. I proceeded to go to sleep and I slept on my left side, hoping that the water (if it was water that was causing the pressure) would come out in my sleep. I woke up the next day with disappointment, the odd pressure was still there. I really do not know how to explain the pressure I am feeling, but it does not cause pain, it s more of an annoyance. It had effected my hearing in way in which it feels like there is an echo, or a muffled sound. If I pull back on my ear my hearing is back to normal, and I don t touch my ear at all it kind of feels like it is numb. I bought ear drops called Swim-Ear Drying Aid and that has only seemed to work for a period of time, and even at that it still is not working whole lot. I m really afraid that something is wrong and I don t know what to do! Please help!
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi, it appears that your ear was having wax and it got swollen up with water and blocked it. Pulling the ear back changes the direction of ear canal and air can go beyond that plug and gives you an open feeling. Drops usually do not help in such condition and cleaning by an ENT will help. Regards