Head slammed on floor after skidding. Swelling, hard knot formed. How to treat it?

I got out of the bath last night and ran to the kitchen to answer the phone thinking my feet will be dry by the time i got to my kitchen floor but i was wrong. As i got to the kitchen i shid across the floor and my head slammed on the flood. (the right side of my head where my timple part is and a in my hair line) it swelled up and wa s ahard knot. Not this morning its a little swollen and a huge soft sopt. what does that mean and what should i do? It hurts when I open my mouth on my right side and its a tight pain all on the right side of my face and head.
Asked On : Thu, 15 Nov 2012