Head lice. No remedy with vinegar and olive oil. Help

My husband & I thought we had gotten head lice from somewhere so we treated ourselves w/ Rid it didn't work so we tried Nix we still had the problem so we tried smart sense but still finding small black specks some tan colored what I call egg bags also some small red ones. We went to the doctor he said it sounds like you have treated them gave us an itch pill & sent us on our way . Someone told us to try white vinegar this did help it kills them & we are able to comb them out but they just keep coming we fell a tickle & sure enough if we comb w/ a nit comb there they are in the sink some are so small u need a magnifying glass to see them I also have tore my entire house apart & cleaned everything in it from top to bottom we are living in the kitchen on to plastic chairs other than the bathroom & bedroom I wash bedding every day what do we have & what do we do help please my father could die at any time now I need to get this taken care of thank you You should also know that my husband developed a rash & he get the black specks in the rash also we find them in the pubic area more my husband than me I have found a few but not as much as him in the morning it appears that it's about over but by noon their seem to be more black speck that we comb out so we just keep using more vinegar . we also tried very hot towles on our head olive oil for 8 hrs. w/ plastic on our heads & mayo short of going crazy I'll stop now you get the idea
Asked On : Thu, 2 May 2013
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014
Hello and Welcome to HCM,
continue using vinegar And olive oil.
Wash all of your sheets, towels and dirty clothing in hot water. Dry in a very hot dryer. A thorough vacuuming of your carpet and furniture will only take a couple times since lice do not live long without a host. Also remember to clean the upholstery in your car.
Help educate your child to not use other children's combs or brushes and not to wear other people's hats. Practicing these healthy habits will help to prevent the possibility of spreading these pesky insects.
Hope this helps you.
Wishing you good health...
Regards.