Head injury, taken Ibuprofen, headache, off-balance. Will it heal on its own?

Hi, I hit my head a little over 60 hours ago on a wood frame - stood up too quickly when I was ducking under it. It hit fairly hard on the back of my skull - definitely rattled my brain : ) Now there are two very sore places on either side of the back of my head. Never lost consciousness , never blacked out, wasn t confused, didn t have amnesia . Drove myself home, put some ice on it, and took a couple of Ibuprofen . I ve had a mild headache since, but I d say it was mostly just an uncomfortable feeling from being dazed and a pressure all throughout my head. It s been hard to concentrate on things, I ve felt a little out of it, foggy, and I m still a little off-balance when turning around, etc. Haven t actually fallen down though. Also, I ve had weird, random pains shoot through my head in various spots. I have a history of a few concussions in the past, and now it doesn t take much for a knock on the head to make me dazed for a while. Of course, I m always concerned that I ve injured myself more seriously than I think, but I would imagine that if it was serious, I d have experienced some pretty bad symptoms by now. Is this something I should have checked out by my GP, or just let it heal on its own?
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012