Head injury, swollen, painful to touch, headache. Should I be worried?

Hey dr, I tripped and fell and hit my head on the corner of my dresser last week, the area where I hit my head is swollen still and painful to touch.. I have been getting headaches a lot the past couple days and at times I will get a sharp very painful pain in that spot which will last for about 10 seconds or so.. Should I be worried? Should I go to the hospital?
Asked On : Tue, 2 Oct 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that you had a injury following which you are having swelling in the injured area.
Since you are not having symptoms of head injury like loss of consciousness, bleeding from ear or nose....... no need to worry about head injury.
Since you are having swelling and headache you need to use antiinflammatory drugs after consultation with your physician.
Thank you