Head injury, pain and swelling. Taking Advil, applied cold compress. Treatment required?

Hi there. I hit my head on freezer handle on left side of head earlier this afternoon. Was bent down taking stuff off the bottom shelf and stood up whacking my head really hard. I didn t pass out and haven t felt dizzy but I do have pain and feel swollen down the left side of my nose , around the temple, above eyebrow which almost seems as though the swelling is expanding. As well, I have quite a goose egg on my head which seems to have gone down a little but is quite sore to the touch. Didn t break the skin so there s no bleeding . I ve taken advil a couple of times and have put a cold compress on my head this evening. It s been around 9 hours since the incident - is it safe for me to go to sleep through the night without having to be woken? Treatment?
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012