Head injury, lump in head. Headache, dizzy, nausea, slurred speech. Blurred vision. What is wrong?

I hit my head very hard falling down the stairs lastnight and have a huge lump on the back of my head, I had a massive headache , a little dizzy, nauseous, and was a little slurry with my words. I went to sleep and woke up and the lump has gotten a little smaller and my headache has gone away, am not nauseous, speech is normal but have a little blurred vision . Should I see a doctor or am I alright and what is wrong? When I hit my head I blacked out for a second
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012

You should get a check up from a neurologist .
A CT scan of brain is needed to see if there is intracranial hemorrhage and it needs to be treated .
Don't neglect the condition.

Hope this helps.
Update here how you stay.

Disclaimer: The Expert’s advice is provided for general informational purposes only and SHOULD NOT be relied upon as a substitute for sound professional medical advice, as a complete assessment of an individual has not taken place.Please consult your nearest physician before acting on it. The advice is not valid for medico-legal purposes also