Head injury, large sized bump on head. Safe to sleep and take rest?

Hello, my little brother fell down while skateboarding today. After he fell down, he sat on the curb for a couple of minutes then he said he felt better. His head as a pretty good sized bump on it; Will he be all right? He says that he doesn t feel weird. But it s getting late and I heard you weren t suppose to go to sleep for a while after hitting your head hard. I m just worried that something bad will happen. Does he need to see a doctor?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013