Head injury, large lump behind child's head, no hair where bump was present, tenderness in area. Cure?

My child hit heads with another child. The other child was running and accidentally ran into my child and they hit heads hard. A large bump developed on the back of my child s head. It was sore for a couple dates. The bump is gone and where the bump was there is no hair. This happened a couple weeks ago and the area is still tender. Does it need to be looked at?
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012
Welcome to HCM.
Urgent attention is needed if there is---

1. vomiting
2. fits
3. Blood through the nose , mouth or ears.

Otherwise, it may be considered a healing process, especially if the child is active and doing its day to day activities.