Head injury, large haematoma popped up on forehead, hard knot still present. Medical attention required?

my 7 year old fell off my shoulders while at a mardi gras parade and hit head first on street a week ago yesterday. he immediately had a large hematoma pop up. we took him to see the ems at the parade site. I m also a RN. he had no complaints at all then other than it hurt and none since. pupils fine, vision fine, no headaches, dizziness , no nausea/ vomiting , nothing at all. the area is on his forehead right above his left brow. I just noticed tonight that there is a hard knot still there. the discoloration is all gone. wondering if I need to take him in or not?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Lacy,
Thanks for writing your query.

It seems that your son has suffered from soft tissuue injury of the scalp.
It takes few days to weeks for the symptoms like swelling and pain to disappear.

You can get him examined by a Neuurophysician if the symptoms persists.
You can give him pain killer after discussing with his doctor.

I hope this is helpful to you.

General & Family Physician Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain's  Response
considering that the other symptoms cited are ok, its reassuring. The knot present will take from a few weeks to two to three months generally to fade away. Usually differs from person to person.
Its not an issue and should not be worried.
thanks and best regards,
Luchuo, MD.