Head injury in childhood, headache, vertigo, blood clot in brain, shock therapy and surgery correct treatment ?

My frnd had an accident in his childhood, he fall down. Then he was 6 yrs. Now after 17 yrs he is getting headache and vertigo . He checked with the doctor who told there is a blood clot in the left side of the brain . He has given some medicine and doct told if it will not get cured by medicine then they will give some shock therapy and then also it will not get cured it has to be operated. We are very scared. Is operation and shock therapy necessary? What step we can take? Please help us. awaiting for your answer.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Apr 2012