Head injury, hard knot formed, growing and shrinking in size. Cause of concern?

i got hit in the head above the timple 6 years ago with a baseball. The end result was that it left a small pin head hard knot (calcium?) - It has never caused any problems etc. However, over the holidays it got bigger and in several days it is going down in size. I have had no headaches or any other issues. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

I would like to reassure you that an injury sustained six years ago would not result into any serious problem now. So, your current symptoms are not of any concern.

The calcified area would not become bigger as such. However, if it became bigger in size, it could be an unrelated problem such as minor injury, infection, etc. Since it has started to decrease in size and is free of headache, you need not worry about it. Just keep a close watch over the affected area.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad