Head injury, goose egg developed with a purple centre. Anything to worry?

My son hit his head when he was 17minths..side of a wooden chair. He was fine just a goose egg developed with a purple centre that cleared up abt 1 month later. However he was lefy with a dent o his forehead that has persistes till now that hr is 3.5 years. Its appears when he smiles or looks up or frowns. Is it permanent and should i be worried?
Asked On : Sat, 12 Oct 2013

Thanks for writing to health care magic.
I can understand your concern.

I understand that your child had no immediate complications. If your child is developmental normal and neurologically does not show any problem you need not worry about that.
If you want to be reassured a physical examination will rule out any problem. So please consult your doctor for the same.

Continue to ask further queries as required.
Hope this helps.
Dr Y V Siva Sankara Murty
M.D.(Pediatrics)
Associate Professor of Pediatrics