Head injury due to fall. Bruise on temple, swelling, pain. Should it be checked?

Hi, I woke in the middle of the night and went to the loo, on the way back I fell and tried to get up, but was sleeping still so hit my head on the door frame and kept falling back then trying to get up, I hit my head again and again on the door frame until I woke. The next day I had a massive bruise on the left temple I told my doctor and he said when your blood level isnt right, your body tells you to lay flat, even thouh I was trying to get up. It has been over a year since this happened but now I have a swelling on my left temple where I fell and hit my head! Do you think I should get this checked out. I also get very sharp pains in my head now and again!
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013