Head injury, blacked out, shaking, rapid breathing, jolting from chest. What is wrong?

Hi, my friend got into a fight and had her head pushed against the ground repeatably. She said she blacked for a second and the she started shaking. Then she started having something similar to a seizure with rapid breathing and jolting from chest . I finally got her stop, but suddenly she can t remember what her own name is. She remembers the fight, but not her name or my name. I checked her eyes and they dilated correctly, so I don t know what is wrong with her. She says she is fine now, but I don t know if she is or not or if she is faking this. Please help!
Asked On : Sun, 5 Aug 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Hi. Banging head hard against ground can cause internal head injury. If she really blacked out and had seizure then evaluating for a head trauma makes sense. It is very unusual to have selective forgetfulness of the type that you described. However before attributing everything to 'faking', medical assessment by a physician is must. Additionally there may be reasons for her to fake for which she needs to be helped. All the best.