Head injury after trauma, underent chemotherapy for breast cancer, heavy depression. Is it through damage of pituitary gland or chemotherapy?

I am 65 years old. I was in a head on car acident and hit my head on the broken windsheild when I was 33 years old. The front right side of my head swollen as big as a softball. I passed out for a second, but no severe side affects. I had to take cemo therapy just for prevention because the cancer was so bad in my breast. It was not concealed to a tumor . The doctor was scared that it might have taken another root since it was not in my lymph nodes. I was 44 years old when this all took place. The chemo stop my period and never had one ever since. I went into a great depression . I can t remember how long after the chemo when I went into the depression maybe two or three years later. I m on prystiqu now. It helped for a while, but I am highly depressed. I m just wondering if my pituitary gland maybe was injured. I ve had a MRI done on my brain in I believe in 1998 because I asked a doctor about electricity going through my brain. The MRI showed that I had an empty cellulor configuration. Through research I know that a flatten Pituitary gland or fluid leaking from the pituitary gland can show as though it was an empty cellulor configuration. I hope you can understand what I am asking. Can my pituitary gland be injured from that car accident instead of the chemo therpy that I had. I blamed my chemo therpy for my depression. Nobody has really helped me. I found myself going to the health food store. Any advice. Thank you a lot! I just want to know if my pituitary gland could have been injuried from that head on collision, which is causing my depression from the lack of hormones. Could a hormone problem be the reason for my depression. Thank you! I hate typing my brain is faster then my fingers. 1
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012