Head injury after fall, had stitches to scalp. Do I need CT scan? Feeling sleepy and shocked

Hi, I slipped on wet ceramic tiles and fell backwards and hit my head hard on the tiles. I don t think i lost consciousness but split my scalp and needed 6 stiches. I am now five days on and apart from feeling a bit sleepy and still a bit shocked am ok. Do you think I need a cr scan or wait and see how things pan out? Peter
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Hi Peter,
Thanks foor writing your query.

After reading your post, it seems that you had suffered from soft tissuue injury.
There might be a possibility of concussion injury.

You should take proper rest. You should avoid physical or mental stress.
Avoid watching television, computers and text messaging.

If the problem persists, get yourself examined clinically by a Neurophysician and get a head scan done.
I hope this is helpful to you.

I hope this is helpful to you.