Head injury. Nose has dried blood. Related conditions?

Yesterday I was with my buddies driving. I was not wearing a seat belt while my friend was driving, he was going about 80 when he swerved and I flew to the other side of the car and hit my head on the side of the door. When I woke up today there was dried blood all over my pillow and blanket and my nose had dried blood stuck in it. I don t know if this is related or not, just wondering.
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

Dried nasal blood could be due to local injury within the nose. And I hope that is the case.

However, please watch for any fresh bleeding from nose or any clear liquid-like discharge from the nostril. If you notice any of these, we need to exclude any fracture of the skull bone. You will then need to see the doctor.

However, if no new symptoms occur, no need to worry.

Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad