Head hurts on standing up or sitting, feel dizzy and disoriented. Family history of high BP. Will it regulate itself?

Hello Doctor, I am an 18 year old, African American female, I d say my diet is about the same as any other teenager, which isn t too bad, but I guess could be healthier. Lately whenever I stand up or sit up my head begins to hurt, like really throbbing pain, it feels like a very intense headache and I feel dizzy and disoriented for a couple of seconds, this problem has just began not too long ago and as far as I know I ve never had high blood pressure . However, I know it runs in my family blood line, on both sides. Should I seek treatment or will this regulate itself?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013