Head heavy, neck and shoulder stiffness, red eyes. Guidance wanted

hello,since last two months as the rainy season started very often i feel my head heavy and irritating once or twice in a day time and when i wake up in the morning i feel my shoulders and neck fully jammed and feel sensations not exactly spinning (sort of) and always my bp monitor shows my bp 135-140/80 and also in the morning time my eyes get a bit red and then everything gets settle down automatically and for the whole day i work and everyday i play badminton for 1 hour seriously so kindly guide me
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
Feb 2014

Neck pain and dizziness that you are having are suggestive of degenerative spondylottic changes of the cervical spine.
X-ray of neck in lateral view or MRI will help in the diagnosis.
Treatment includes
1. Use of cervical collar helps in immobilisation and brings relief.
2. Medical drugs like pain killers - acetaminophen/ibuprofen and muscle relaxants might be helpful.
3. Cervical isometric exercises are beneficial to maintain the strength of the neck muscles. Neck and upper back stretching exercises, as well as light aerobic activities, also are recommended under the guidance of a physical therapist.
4. Hot fomentation helps in relieving acute symptoms.
5. You can avoid using a pillow.

I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.