Head feels shaky. Why am I forgetful? Why are they happening?

For a while know i have these episodes as ive decided to call them where everything in my head feels like it starts to shake from side to side and it knocks me really sick and leaves me with a really bad head they can last from anything to a minute to 5 minutes, and ive forgotten what has just happened. I havent had one for a month or 2 now but in 4 days ive had 6 of these and i was just wondering what this sounds like, i know it sounds weird but its like it affects the memory part of my brain as i think me thinking of something triggers it of.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your symptoms and I appreciate the good description of your symptoms.

These episodes are suggestive of seizures. Seizures are well known to cause post-ictal (after the event) amnesia and forgetfulness.

You should undergo MRI of brain and EEG test to confirm the diagnosis.

An evaluation by neurologist would help.

I hope my reply has helped you.

I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My blog: