Head and neck injury, no concussion, mild stomach upset, ear pain, cough. Related symptoms?

My son, 10, hit his head and neck into the boards during a hockey game on Saturday. He was evaluated by doctors after it happened and we were told he did not have a concussion . He practiced the past 2 days, and only felt very mild stomach upset but no headache or dizzyness. Today he is complaining of an ear ache. Can this be related? He has also had a bit of a cough, but nothing major, no stuffy nose or sore throat .
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012