Head and back injury, large bump on the base of skull, normal pupils. Has the fall caused serious damage?

My son fell from a height of about 2 ft and fell backward landing on his back and hitting the back of his head. He now has a large bump at the base of his skull . His pupils are normal and hedoesnt seem lethargic or anything. However the bump is very big and I was wondering if the fall couldve caused any serious damage? Thank you in advance for your response.
Asked On : Thu, 12 Jul 2012
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Dear Anneobr, Hello.
As is mentioned by you it is good that your son is having no symptom of internal injury. The bump is due to soft tissue injury of the scalp. The bump will reduce in size by itself in few days to weeks.
So you should not worry if there is no symptoms of internal injury.