Head ache, blurry vision , swellling of arms and legs, major mood swings after head injury. What should be done?

My mother in law fell afew months ago and i guess she must of cracked the back of her skull , however her doctor has just changed her pills a couple of weeks ago too and because she doesnt want to take some has been elminating them. Lately she has been complaining of head acks, blurry vision , swellling of her arms and legs, and shes been having major mood swings, mostly wanting to fight with anyone she comes in contact with, i think she might even be hallucinating cause some things she says doesnt make sense and i dont know what to do.
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

First of all, I would advise to get a CT scan of the brain done for your mother in law (if not already done), as she had a fall, and these symptoms could be due to internal hematoma.

Otherwise, she needs an evaluation by a psychiatrist to decide regarding the need of anti-psychotic medications.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad