Having vaginal bleeding, lower abdominal pain and pressure. Diagnosed it as beginning of fibroids, calcification of the cervix. Should i be worried ?

i am having some vaginal bleeding but it is brown. i just got off of my period 10 days ago and i have started to have lower abdominal pain and pressure! i had gone to the ER a few days ago and they told me that i have the beginnings of fibroids and i had calcification of the cervix.....could those things be causing the bleeding and should i be worried because my mother had to have a complete hysterectomy because of fibroids!
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012
If your period is late you might get a brown, rather than red, discharge. It could also mean that for whatever reason during your last menses the entire uterine lining failed to make a timely exit. Brown Discharge may happen right after periods, and is just "cleaning out" your vagina.

Brown vaginal discharge can also be a symptom of a medical concern that is much more sinister than leftover endometrial cells. Some of these conditions include Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), menopause, sexually transmitted diseases (gonorrhea, Chlamydia or genital warts) or cervical cancer.

If the brown vaginal discharge is a result of dysfunctional endometrial elimination your symptoms would likely be a later than usual period, if that.
Each of the other conditions mentioned have much more noticeable symptoms of their own in addition to brown discharge. Some of typical additional to brown discharge symptoms are: pain, discharge that is watery or yellowish, depression, vaginal dryness, pain during intercourse, frequent urination, infertility, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, burning, itching, rash, hot to touch, mouth ulcers, and loss of appetite.

the heaviness and abdominal pressure might be sign of fibroids too and also menorragia may occur with fibroids.