Having utrogestan for getting pregnant. Any problem in continuing medicine without knowing pregnancy status?

HI, i recently got married and have been on utrogestan for 3 months to fall pregnant , we have been trying for 4 weeks now and i have to take my 4th month s utrogestan in 8 days and i was wondering whether its ok to take it if i am possibly pregnant or should i do a pregnancy test first to make sure, if its ok to take it then i will - i just don t want to take it if it could cause a problem if i am already pregnant. the reason it was prescribed is because i don t ovulate... thanks shaan
Asked On : Sun, 13 May 2012
Hello.
THE DRUG YOU HAVE BEEN PRESCRIBED IS TO BE TAKEN ONLY IF YOU ARE NOT PREGNMANT. YOU NED TO CHECK YOUR STATUS OF PREGNANCY BEFORE TAKING THIS MEDICINE. DO CONSULT YOUR GYNECOLOGIST FOR PROPER INSTRUCTIONS.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
drrakhitayal@gmail.com