Having upper abdominal pain. Renal ultrasound showed cyst with intrinsic debris. Treatment?

My husband has had upper abdominal pain for almost 2 years. It is constant sharp pains which makes him curled up in a ball for a good part of the day. They have done alot of tests and is now being sent to a UCSF GI dr. thinking it may be his pancreas or bile ducts. I received his records to take to this dr. and noticed that he had a 2 x 2 0.1 cm cyst with intrinsic debris. This report was taken 5/11 and their recommendations were to do a renal ultrasound which was never done as we didn t know he even had a cyst until we received these records the other day. Spoke to a dr a Kaiser and they say it is nothing because its small and hasn t grown and many people have them. If he didn t have this sharp constant pain since then I wouldn t worry but I think further testing on this cyst is required. He has no other symptoms besides the sever abdominal pain. What do you think
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013