Having unproductive cough. History of smoking. Prescribed prednizone, nebulizer treatments. Diagnosed with COPD. Suggestion?

Hi, My name is Linda. I have had an unproductive cough for 2 months now. My Dr. treated me with antibiotics. No improvement. He then prescribed prednizone, nebulizer treatments, still no relief. Today I saw him and he did a chest x-ray . Don t know the results yet. I am a former smoker. Stopped in 2006, I have been diagnosed with COPD . I am scared, and don t seem to be getting any where.
Asked On : Sun, 6 Jan 2013