Having under eye swelling, swelling in legs, which increases on standing, bulkiness in whole body. What could be the reason for this?

Hi my name is Aman(26). I would like to discuss about the problem that my mom(50) has been facing over the last few years. The symptoms are swelling in legs (whole region from thighs to ankle) and sometimes swelling in under eye region. The knee portion is the worst affected part. After standing for a few minutes the swelling increases. While maintaining any one posture for 10-15 minutes also worsens the case. Her whole body has grown bulky due to this. Would like to discuss with you over this before going for her treatment. Looking forward for your prompt reply.
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
get her examination done by physician..complete check-up including cardiac, blood sugar and ultrasound , urine examination ,, eye checkup and fundus examination must be done