Having ulcerative colitis and problem in small intestine. Taking dipentum. Treatment?

I have ulcerative colitis and find I have problems in my small intestine even though it is not supposed to affect the small intestine. I find that at night my tummy is very active (gurgling) no matter what I eat, even when I eat very little in the evening. There is no history of this problem in my family. Yes, I did have alot of stress in my life for a number of years. I am on dipentum and Salofalk foam enemas but I have never returned to full health since I first got ill. I feel there must be some treatment out there that is much more effective at curing the disease. I don t accept that there is no cure!
Asked On : Sat, 2 Mar 2013