Having ulcerative colitis. Having soreness in the left side of stomach. Passing bowels with mucous, blood. Suggestions?

Hi, I have had uc for the past 13 years on and off. I had an awful flare up early last year for which i had steriods. I started a new diet from the beginning of March which has no starch or sugars. I was doing really well. I am not so diligent now and will have a bit of bread and a bit of sugar. But, I have a horrible feeling of soreness on the left side which comes and goes, I do not know if this is a cramp or just an intense soreness which makes me think that the bowel is inflammed. I have a little blood and a little mucus .
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
thank you asking HCM.
Abdominal pain is one of the most common complaints of patients with ulcerative colitis, the fact that you have mucus and blood is in favor of inflammation of bowel (left colon).
You need to follow regularly by clinical and endoscopic turn from a gastroenterologists.
you should be carefully with diet and you should avoid stress.
I need to know how many times do you have blood in 24 hours?
I hope be helpfull.