Having ulcer problems just above abdomen/above naval, endoscope was done. Which foods one should avoid?

yes doctor, one of my friend is having ulcer problems just above abdomen /above naval.endoscope was done last year and again it has started problem this year.may be my friend does'nt take precautions as doctor has preffered,
can you also tell me the foods to avoid . i know some of these lik soda,coffee ,tea , spicy , stress ,alcohol is to be avoided but besides these
can you please recommend a good diet.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013

Thank you for the query.

First of all, your friend should have stomach controlled with endoscopy. Some stomach cancers may only look like ulcers and act like ulcers. And this is the most important condition to be ruled out.
Ulcer resistant to treatment(not cancerous) sometimes needs to be treated with partial stomach resection. Helicobacter Pylori infection can be present and prevent ulcer from healing. All this can be checked with just one simple endoscopy.
Depending of the results he might need antibiotics to eradicate this bacteria and long term therapy with PPIs.

Your friend should avoid coffee, alcohol, spicy foods, fatty foods, fruit juices, chocolate. Increase mineral water intake. Last meal should be 2 hours before sleeping, head should be elevated a little bit while sleeping.

Hope this will help.