Having type A personality. Taking prozac, cymbalta. Suffering from side effects of cymbalta. Can I stop medicine immediately?

Hello, I have been on prozac for approx. 9 years. In March of this year - my PC decided (do to nueropathic pain) to put be in Cymbalta. I was taking prozac for basically a severe type A personality - that couldn t be suppressed which led to frustration and anger - which I could not control, hence depression developed. Prozac was great - but Cymbalta is not. I have experienced side effects since the start - and if I miss a dose or am just a couple hours late taking it - the feelings are horrible - too many to described. The PC said stop taking Cymbalta immediately - and no Prozac until my system is cleaned out . I asked if I could gradually stop the Cymbalta - which the pharmacist said he would glady help me do. The PC said no - stop immediately. I am scared to death of the side effects. What is your recommendation?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012