Having type 2 diabetes, BP normal. Prescribed istamet 50 mg, Gemer forte, Lipirose 10, Axeten H. Are these medicines good enough to control diabetes. Why so much medicines?

hi i am neethu,my mom has type 2 diabetes since 1 yr and age is 43 yrs, First time we consulted 1 doctor he gave some tablets but my moms sugar level was around 220-230 range and later due to his selfish nature to gain more money has suggested insulin intake at earlier stage itself which was not needed and was harmfull, so we left that doctor and consulted other doctor and her BP is always at normal range only, empty stomach sugar test range is 160-163, and after breakfast sugar test range is 140-143, HBA1C test is 8.0, the doctor whom we are consulting now has suggested the following blets isttaamet 50mg/1000mg (before breakfast), Gemer forte 2(night after dinner), Lipirose 10 (night after dinner),Axeten H (Morning after breakfast) So as said above the doctor has given 4 tablets to take per day, my doubt is 1. Why the doctor has given that many tablets to my mom when some other doctors suggest just 1 or 2 tablets for their patients having same problem?? 2. Are the tablets which that doctor suggested are good and correct for my mom? What medicines would you suggest for my moms condition so that i can ask the doctor we are consulting. Please help me as soon as possible it would be of great help to me. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012