Having toe nail fungus. Nail turned black. Is Flu conazole same as Lamosil? Any other medication?

Hello, I seem to have a toe nail fungus on my second left toe. My nail is black near and under the curticle area. I have talked with a phamacist at Walgreens and she recommended using an Rx named Flu Conazole. Is this the same thing as Lamosil? If so I tried this several years ago with no sucess. I had to finally have the nails of both my big toes removed. Also, a doctor friend told me about something called Formula 40. do you have any information on this and what success has it had? Any other recommendations?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012