Having tiredness, shortness of breath while climbing stairs. Had bronchoscopies previously. Have asthma. Solution for breath shortness?

My legs get really tired and I am short of breath just going up 2 flights of stairs. I am 35, a former smoker (quit 2 years ago) and am in relatively good shape. I run, bike and elliptical. I have recurrent mucus congestion in my left lung and have had 2 bronchoscopies to clean it out. I have 2-2.2 second pauses on Holter when I sleep recently. I generally do my workouts without any trouble. I ve had an ECHO with an EF of 60%, negative exercise stress test and negative BNP. I do have cough variant asthma since about 3 years ago. Since having the Swine Flu in 2009, my exercise tolerance has dramatically decreased. I avoid stairs in most cases, because they make me so SOB and my legs just get too tired.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012