Having tickling sensation in throat which leads to gagging, gasping for breath,vomiting sensation. Eases after forced cough. Remedy?

Sometimes, without even eating or drinking, I get what feels like a tickle in the back of my throat , A coughing gag follows without being able to breathe. As I try to gasp for air, the sound is like trying to take air back into a small leak with a choking squeaking sound. After one of two forced coughs and the gagging starts there is a choking sound like one is going to vomit , but there is nothing to vomit and kind of burping sound follows. Eventually, my breathing takes in more and more air as everything begins to relax. It feels like something has gone down the windpipe or esophagus , but there has been no obstruction of food. I have a feeling it is the saliva . It occurred while sleeping when I was heavier, but now I am older and it can occur while seated or drinking a little bit of water.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013