Having thrush after taking antibiotics. Unbearable burning, itching after using vaginal capsules. Normal?

Hello, after a 7 day course of antibiotics , I have thrush,which I am prone to. The pharmacy gave me Gyno-Daktarin 400mg 3 vaginal capsules, which I am not familiar with. The first night of treatment, I had occasional burning and itching. Tonight is the second night, and the burning / itching is practically unbearable. The medication that came out after only an hour of use, felt as though it was burning the skin. I washed off the outside area as it was unbearable. Is this reaction normal to this medication? What should my next step be? Keeping in mind that it is 1am in the morning here. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012