Having throat problem where food gets stuck in throat while eating & after 2 days with bad smell. Is this throat cancer?

Hi doctor, This is Esa from Riyadh,Saudi Arabia. Doctor am suffering from last one month my throte problem,when i eat some thing like rice,roti,..... small piece of that food stuck in throte near mouth,i feel un easy in my throte,i try to remove by cough but not come out,after two days it will come out with very bad smell, so please advise me how to solve this problem, is it symptom for throte cancer . Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013
You are struggling with Dysphagia or difficulty in swallowing. Not only tumor/Cancer but many other conditions may cause difficulty in swallowing.Muscular dystrophy or gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) should also be ruled out.It can also be caused when the muscle in your esophagus doesn't relax enough to let food pass into your stomach.However in old ages Tumor may be the cause.
You need to visit your doctor and perform labs like endoscopy, manometry or/and barium x-ray.
Afterwards your doctor will prescribe you treatment and you will get well.
Hope it helps.
Take Care!