Having throat irritation and cough after TB treatment. Is TB still persisting? Taking zerotuss. Have smoking addiction

hi Dr my dad was on treatment of TB and after the proper medication , his TB was ruled out. Since last few days, he is having irritation in his throat , that is causing him to cough . He is taking zerotuss as a syrup and has a bit relief also. Just wanna to knw, is it a normal cough or there is need to visit some TB specialist agai. My dad was a chronic smoker three years ago, but now its limited to one cigratte a week
Asked On : Mon, 15 Oct 2012