Having thick brown discharge, burning sensation, itching over the vagina. What could this be?

hi doctor.a few days back i notice there is brown discharge which is very thick,its like long piece of jelly come out.but this is after my menstrual period which came on the 2nd/feb/2013. this is 3rd days,n i feel slightly burning and itchiness over my vaginal. i face the same problem last year 2012 on september and november.but i thought this is normal as my mum told that this is just residual of my peroid.but now i feel very much worried if tumors or other complication,can you please give me more explanation regarding this problem and how to overcome this problem.thank you so much
Asked On : Sun, 17 Feb 2013
The symptoms that you have described are likely to be due to a vaginal infection. This can be a fungal or a bacterial infection. A vaginal swab culture will help in detecting the exact cause.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,