Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
As you are already having L4-L5 disc degeneration, the symptoms might have worsened now as a result of some unnoticed strain on the lower back.
The initial management of your problem will be as follows -
* Absolute rest
* avoid lifting heavy weights
* avoid forward bending activities
* Use a lumbosacral back support
* Intermittent pelvic traction
* Maintain optimum body weight,if you are obese
to strengthen your back muscles. Physiotherapy has to be done only after the acute pain has subsided.
* Judicious use of analgesics and muscle relaxants.
If you don't find any relief with the above measures, you need a consultation with an orthopedic / spine surgeon
for a detailed workup and management.
Hope this information is helpful. Good day