Having swelling of perineum, itchy and painful. Difficulty in erection. Could this be due to slipped disc/trapped nerve/sciatica?

Hi. I am awaiting a disctectomy on my L4/L5 discs. For a while now I have had swelling of the perineum, which is itchy and painful and angry. I have had occasional problems with erection over the past few months but now I cant even tense the muscle in my penis half as much as I usually can... and the last 2 times me and my girlfriend managed to have sex, the pain when I ejaculated was awful and a burning sensation. Do you think that this could be due to the slipped disc/trapped nerve/sciatica?? I have been worried for a few weeks now and have been to see my GP today but got no explanation from him, nor did he even examine me.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013