Having strained, dry and itchy eyes, sensitive to light. Vision normal. What is wrong?

Hello , I need some advise on a problem I have with my eyes. My eyesight is very good but I suffer badly from eye strain after very short periods of time. My eyes can become very sensitive to the light and feel dry and itchy. It is slowly getting worse aswell and I am finding it hard to concentrate on a specific thing without having the urge to rub my eyes and anything near my eyes causes me to become very distressed. I take part in various extreme sports and I am 17. Is it related to my age or is it a big eye problem. I used to wear glasses back when I was 8 till I was 11 for reading but my eyesight is said to be fine now although it is but my eyes get easily tired. Thanks for your time.
Asked On : Sat, 1 Sep 2012