Having stomach cramps, feelings vomiting. What is the problem?

What do I do for really bad stomach pains? I get the feeling that I want to vomit when ever I wake up, eat, or think about eating. The mornings are really bad. The pain can be really unbearable. I can t even have a nice lunch or dinner with my friends or family. It s really bad. This has been happening for the past 2 weeks
Asked On : Sun, 1 Apr 2012
Hi amehaleah983.

Thanks for your question.

You have severe stomach pain with vomiting so high probability you have any stomach pathology-most commonly peptic ulcer disease,gastritis,may be pyloric stenosis due to mass or ulcer in the pylorus and rarely due to hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy(common in children),may be a stomach volvulus or atrophic gastritis.So please do a upper GI endoscopy,barium xray and USG whole abdomen must and as early as possible .depending on the report you may need a biopsy if a mass is detected and then consult a gastrosurgeon or general surgeon for his opinion.

best wishes,

Dr Sourav Ganguly
General & Family Physician Dr. Sourav Ganguly's  Response
Hi amehaleah983.

Thanks for your question.

best wishes,

Dr Sourav Ganguly