Having stomach ache. Had endoscopy. Found to be infected with Helicobacter pylori bacteria. Have chronic gastritis and hiatus hernia. Treatment?

Good afternoon, doctor
Last year I started off with a stomach ace like in July I just let it go then it died down .then I noticed every time I went out for a few drinks that stomach ache would start again . I still didn’t go see a doctor
After a few months that stomach ache just started going nonstop and after all this time I did not vomit or have any diarrhea till I started having a funny sower taste in my mouth .When I saw the doctor
I had and endoscopy done i was told I was infected with the Helicobacter pylori bacteria plus I have Chronic gastritis and hiatus hernia
My question is how long does it last for? Since I took so long to get it checked out
And as I can remember I dated a girl who complained about stomach problems could I have gotten the H.pyloti from her?

Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013