Having stabbing pain in pelvis. Little spotting. Taking doxyciline. Had undergone D & C. Is it gas? Suggest

Hi Dr. Lundi
I had a D & C procedure on Wednesday and experienced very mild pain that day. My doctor prescribed me ultracet since I have struggled with severe cramping b/c of endometriosis. Thursday I was really bloated but had no pain and yesterday was pain free, had 4 bowel movements and was no longer bloated, however at night an intense pain suddenly came over my lower back, hips and abdomen and has been manageable however in the afternoon it became waves of intense feeling of getting stabbed in the pelvis and that sharp pain running down my tailbone to my anus with the feeling of having to pass gas but I can't. The pain became dull but is now returning. I took medication for the gas (already 3 tablets so far) but it only helped very little. The stabbing sensation has now begun again. I have no fever, no vomiting, no nausea, no discharge that has foul smell, virtually very little bleeding, a little more than spotting but nothing that needs a pad just a light daily protector. Could this really just be gas? I am also on doxyciline prescribed after the procedure as well.

Asked On : Thu, 11 Apr 2013