Having spotting during periods. Scan shows uterine fibroids. Prescribed medicines. Side effects?

am 45, got my last period on 25th Dec2012. On 11th March 2013 I started spotting for 2 days and it stopped again. On 18 March I started spotting again and since have been bleeding one drop of blood a day. Visited my Gynac took a scan my ovaries appear normal and uterus is bulky with 3 fibroids the size of lemons. The doctor prescribed Pause MF , Gynac CVP and Femilon Do I need to take so many medicines what will be a side effects of all these medicines? I do not suffer from Pressure, Heart problems or Sugar I excirse everyday. I do not wish to take so many medicines unless it is really necessary. Are these all part of menopause which will eventually settle?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013