Having sore which are pinkish in colour. No redness, no discharge, no pain. Having a purple scar on leg, chest and abdomen. What could these be?

I have been having small sores pop up here and there for months for no reason, starts as a tony red dot then spreads out into a raw sore that resembles a perfectly round light pink cut from a shave lets say. They are light pink with no red and never had puss or drainage. They are flat and not raised. The pain is not bad, but feels like a razor burn pain though. I had one on my leg, that went away and left a tiny pruple scar , weeks later, got 2 on my chest and now there are 3 on my lower stomach area.
Asked On : Sat, 7 Apr 2012
It is looking like molluscum contagiosum, a viral infection.
I would like to know the following details.

1. Since when you have this?
2. There are many such lesions or just a single lesion.
3. The skin over the lesion is smooth or rough?

Please answer the above so I can help you better.
Thank you